The fast and nifty Cairo-driven frontend for Conky!
Everyone who has dipped his toes into desktop customizing on Linux systems has most certainly run into Conky the very versatile and blazing fast system monitor. Since version 1.7.1 it is capable of using Lua and its Cairo bindings. Which enables the happy scripter to create neat effects by combining the drawing power of Cairo with the nearly endless possibilities provided by Conky.
Conklets are a very young project and are under heavy development. There is always a need of contributors especially when it comes to testing and design proposals. So please feel free to report bugs or to design some new widgets and they will most certainly be fixed or implemented.
You just have got to edit one config-file like you know it from using Conky
Features currently are:
- widgets right in the Conky window
- blazing fast effects using Cairo Graphics Engine
- endless possibilies since every widget can be combined with every value produced by Conky
- real transparency without the need of compositing
- freedom of choise when it comes to colours
- some widgets are stackable to display several values within one widget
- some widgets scale their output depending on overal maximum(i.e. network monitoring)
- process monitor
- twitter to display recent tweets
- analogue clock
- graph widget [stackable][scalable]
- bar graph widget [stackable][scalable]
- curve widget [stackable]
- stylisch curve clock
- digit widget
- circle widget
- text widget
- container to visually group widgets
© 2009 by: Sebastian Semper